Bears are in trouble and need our help.
Bear Conservation is a non-profit organisation advocating and campaigning for the welfare, conservation and protection of bears and the environments in which they live, both in captivity and in the wild.
Our vision is of a world where bears are given the necessary protection and space to live out their lives in their natural habitats.
By providing accessible, accurate and comprehensive sources of information on all things “bear” we work to help those who want to learn more about bears and to use their knowledge to speak out for bears and to help achieve our vision.
- For the protection and restoration of bear habitats and populations, and the reversal of climate change
- For the end of bear farming and the illegal exploitation of bears
- For an end to the use of captive bears in circuses and traveling shows
- To maximize the contributions made by legal captive facilities to bear conservation, and to monitor and improve the conditions in which they keep bears
- For international laws and enforcement to protect bears from poaching and to bring an end to the illegal trade in bear-parts and live bears
- For an end to spring bear hunts, hunting bears with snares and traps, baited bear hunting and bear hunting with dogs.
You can use the links above and at the top of the page, or the comprehensive site map, to begin exploring the fascinating world of bears and their stories.
To find out more about 2020 Clear Vision, our major project to document fully all the world’s captive polar bears and the facilities in which they are kept, click on the link below.
Page updated 14 August 2020