Name: Eddy (male)
Born: 10 December 1999 in Zoo Sauvage de Saint-Félicien, Saint-Félicien, Quebec, Canada
Died: 9 June 2021 in Aquarium du Quebec, Sainte-Foy, Quebec, Canada
Mother: Nanuk (deceased)
Father: Agaguk (deceased)
Siblings: Not known
History of captivity:
- Born in captivity Born in captivity Saint-Félicien, Quebec , Canada 10 December 1999
- Transferred to Brookfield Zoo, Chicago, Illinois, USA 6 December 2000
- Transferred to Aquarium du Québec, Sainte-Foy, Canada 17 December 2002
- Transferred to Saint-Félicien, Quebec , Canada 20 February 2015
- Transferred to Aquarium du Québec 10 June 2016
- Transferred to Cochrane Polar Bear Habitat, Cochrane, Ontario, Canada 27 February 2019
- Returned to Aquarium du Quebec 22 September 2020.
- Died in Aquarium du Quebec 9 June 2021, aged 21. Cause of death: kidney failure (euthanized).
Eddy was housed temporarily at the Cochrane Polar Bear Habitat for 18 months while the polar bear facility at Aquarium du Québec was extended and modernised.
Page updated 19 September 2021