MAKE A DIFFERENCE – WORK FOR BEARS
Help us to work for bears. This page has seven ideas to help you become an advocate for bears, links to our current projects and campaigns and details of some other trusted organisations working for bears. Oh, and an inspirational video just in case you need some more encouragement to get working for bears!
Only by changing human attitudes to bears and to the habitats in which they live can be begin to address the threats they face at our hands. Information is the key; below are ideas on steps you can take to becoming an advocate for bears.
- Don’t buy products that come from bears
- Campaign to end bear-baiting, dancing bears, bear farming and hunting of endangered populations (see above)
- Take steps to reduce your impact on the planet; we need to reverse climate change to protect bears
- Check out your local zoos and any circuses that come visiting; talk to managers and staff; try to find out if they have bears and if so see what you can find out about them and pass the information on to us. Anything you can find out, no matter how small, will be helpful. Photographs are particularly valuable.
- Support us and our work and take a look at the other organisations and charities featured below that are working for bears and who would welcome your support
- Find out all you can about bears – this website is a really good place to start. Read books, watch TV programmes and DVDs, contact organisations who are working for bears. Then spread the word to friends, colleagues and family about the bears and the threats they face. Use social media to maximise the impact and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date with news, events and campaigns.
- Go bear watching
CAMPAIGNS & PROJECTS
Polar bears in zoos
We want to end the keeping of polar bears in zoos. These Arctic giants are totally unsuited to a life in captivity. Click below to find out what you can do to help.
Take action – coming soon
We support a number of other trusted organisations’ campaigns – click on the links below to find out more
WATCH THIS VIDEO – IT WILL INSPIRE YOU!
Page updated 15 December 2017